Go to "Sheet Music Downloads" tab to access free downloadable sheet music and watch instructional videos. More is on the way...
Fiddle tune jams are held the first Wednesday of each month (EXCEPT January 2020 we'll meet on Jan 8th, not Jan 1st) from 6:30 to 7:30 PM, in the Story Mansion.
Some of the tunes that we do:
Over the Waterfall
Red River Valley
Cold Frosty Morning
Old Joe Clark
Boil the Cabbage
Angeline the Baker
Whiskey Before Breakfast
St. Anne's Reel
Star of the County Down
Down Home Waltz
Arron Boat Song
Put Your Little Foot Waltz
John Ryan's Polka
Black Nag Jig
Five Foot Two
- Jam is open to any and all fiddlers. Other instruments also welcome.
- No fee, it is free.
- We'll work on playing the tunes and also the backup chords on fiddle.
- Arrive a bit early so we can begin on time.
- Jam leaders are Nancy and Ray Padilla.
- A friendly atmosphere where we all support each other's efforts and have fun! All ages welcome.
- Time is 6:30 to 7:30 PM on the first Wednesday of the month,
- No singing, just fiddle tunes
- Folks can come just to listen, as this is a community event.
- Music will continue after 7:30 with your choice of two jams. In one room, you can play swing tunes and in another room you can play bluegrass/Americana tunes. More info on those jams can be found on Facebook by searching "Story Mansion String Jam.